Monday, November 21, 2011

I am 20 years old, i'm in my first relationship and I need advice. Please!?

Whenever I was younger, I was never allowed to date so I didn't. I have ';seen'; guys before, but it was never a big deal. 8 months ago I met an awesome guy and we have so much in common that it's ridiculous! haha. We started dating in October and it's been really fun.The shady thing is that 3 months before he started dating me, his girlfriend of almost three years broke up with him. In the beginning of our relationship, he texted her without my knowledge asking her if she was happy bc he has a girlfriend which is super immature and a huge sign that he's not over her, although he claims that he is. I love him, but something does not feel right. I know she has a boyfriend now, but it just doesn't feel right. I feel like he's not really over her yet and I don't know if I should progress further if I feel this way. Secondly, I just feel like it's getting boring which is perfectly normal, but the issue of the ex girlfriend is making me distant. I'm not insecure, I'm just cautious because I don't want to become too invested if he is still in love with someone else. I don't know what to do. What's your advise??I am 20 years old, i'm in my first relationship and I need advice. Please!?
Well I am going to give you the best advice I can for this. I had to learn the hard way since there was no place like this when I first started dating to ask for help.





The first good thing you did is asked for help. I do not Know you personally but If you were my kid I would be proud of you for thinking enough of yourself to see the';signs'; early on.





Anyone who is spending his time focused on his ex is really not over that person. I am not saying you can not be ';just friends'; with an ex but if he is texting her more then occasionally then he still has feelings for her.





There are plenty of other guys out there who would be more then happy to devote their attention to you. Go find yourself one who likes you for who you are and one who truely wants to spend his time with you.





I am a true believer that when something does not feel right listen to that feeling. Your feelings never steer you wrong.I am 20 years old, i'm in my first relationship and I need advice. Please!?
I would not talk to his ex. That is more shady.


I know you've asked hi and this will be so hard to do, but tell him that ';you love him'; and you dont want to get distant from him, but if he should let you know now his true feelings or else nothing will ever feel right.
It might sound like a scary thing, but talk to his x-gf if you're neutral and ask her if you should be concerned. It shouldn't bother her if she is over him too unless it was an immature break-up on both ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment