Monday, November 21, 2011

Concerns about my relationship, please help, need advice.?

I am 34 and divorced, single for awhile by choice. I'm in a very young relationship with a 50 year old twice divorced man. We get along wonderfully most of the time, similar interests, same taste in almost everything, we trusted each other immediately. He is recently out of a bad marriage that was over at least emotionally years ago but legally was finalized in July. I know that he's wounded emotionally because of her, and have told him that I will be his friend no matter if we're involved with each other or not but he wants to be in a relationship with me.





While I believe he does want to be with only me and he cares for me, sometimes he vacillates whether or not he wants to be exclusive. I told him last night that if he doesn't that's fine and he said that on the same token, if sleeping with others will make me happy then please do. So I lost my temper and told him that he did not know one thing about women, that women want to feel secure and want to know that the man who claims to care for them doesn't want to share her with others. I asked him if he really wanted to share me with others and he said that we would need to discuss that at length later. I then told him that my mind was made up about him but obviously he wasn't so sure about me and how could he possibly claim to care for me but not be able to answer whether or not he wanted to share me with others so I would make it very easy for him and I broke up with him, we started speaking again this morning and he told me he doesn't want to lose me that we have too much between us. He then said I was his best friend his lover and his buddy and he thinks I'm ';terrific';.





What the hell does this mean exactly? What should I do about this thing?Concerns about my relationship, please help, need advice.?
there is a greiving period after a breakup or a divorce. some people take longer than others...





our emotions take a beating when we go through changes like that, and part of them shut down entirely for a while. he probably isnt sure about much of anything.





i went through this (i am 31)...believe me.





my only suggestion is to stop the relationship and just be friends until he is ready - and this can take a long time depending on how long he was married. you decided to be single by choice after your divorce - VERY WISE! He needs the chance to find himself and his own happiness, maybe date a little, and just be lonely for a while after his also. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment