Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone have advice for a person considering a relationship with someone with Herpes HSV I II?

I am having a difficult time getting comfortable with the fact that my girlfriend has HSV I and II(and I do not). I am afraid, knowing that if I choose to stay in this relationship, I will eventually end up getting it as well...and there is no way to know how my body will react to the virus'. Right now I am viewing the virus as a magnifying glass that makes small concerns seem like larger ones, because it is a huge commitment just to try to see if the relationship will be successful. The relationship would already have more than normal amounts of stressors because of geographical issues(I'd have to move a long distance to be with her) and other reasons. We have been doing the long-distance dating which is great, but distance makes the heart grow fonder as well. I feel like a very bad person for having these feelings, but I'm trying to get a grasp on things, so please help if you have any insights.Does anyone have advice for a person considering a relationship with someone with Herpes HSV I II?
I would say go for it. Herpes is only contagious when the blisters open/burst. I went out with a girl with genital gerpes for quite a while %26amp; didn't contract it. It's important that she's honest with you, because she will know about it before you do. In the chance of you getting infected, the severity will vary from person to person - some rarely get flare-ups, others get it from the slightest trigger (climate change, stress, etc), however, your own rreaction isn't really something you want to find out, so as soon as she shows the 1st symptoms, abstain until it's fully cleared up.Does anyone have advice for a person considering a relationship with someone with Herpes HSV I II?
This is a good opportunity to go slow. Get to know each other before jumping in the sack together. Use protection if you do decide to get in the sack and check for visible signs of the virus. It is possible for her to spread the virus to you without having symptoms through asymptomatic shedding.





Learn as much about the virus as you can. Its probable that you have been exposed to it at some point if you have had more than four partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment